Thursday, April 28, 2005

PC problems...

Favorite quote of the week: SSDD! (Same Shit, Different Day)

Mood: Tired by will survive, barely.

Weather condition: Thick Haze, thick enough that you would not see my @$$ shaking in front of you from 1 meter away.

It’s been quite some time since I have posted anything here…
The past two weeks alone have been very trying… Assignments due and responsibility to CV! Or the Curtin Volunteers. On top of that, my every so faithful EVE (my pc) is not doing so well at the moment.

Hard disk problems… Image hosted by Photobucket.com ...the new hard disk that I recently bought is not registering on ‘my computer’, where as it states that the hard disk is detected by my system… So those that have IT knowledge please can you contact me and aid me with my current problem… I have tried to use Windows Help function but to my dismay it didn’t help me at all… maybe due to the fact that I do not have Internet connection in the area that I live in Miri… Danm the telecom! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hopefully, next week I will have more time to enter more posts… Unlike someone that complained! KAN NADIA! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just stumbled across your blog and saw your dilemma.

I assume based on your writings that the said hdd is detected by your mobo but not by windows, so I'll state what I think is the solution based on that.

It is possible that your hdd isnt showing up due to it being assigned a drive letter which has been already taken thus conflicting and not showing up on the list.

Blame Microsft, heh.

Did you check your computer management window within your administrative tools tab?

Anyhow, to access your administrative tools, goto your control panel and you should see the link.

->Control Panel
->Administrative tools
->Computer Management
->Storage
->Disk Management

Once in there, I am sure you'll be able to figure out the rest.

Good luck.

Seryna said...

Hey Iqqy... is your hard disk external? I had that problem when I bought 60G external and had to switch to 40G.

It could be perhaps your computer can't read it or just can't support to big a memory. Mine was fine on my dad's comp but my laptop.

If the problem still persis, try asking Clement (ICT helpdesk) >_<

SomeBaL said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your help...it did work. As my friend did metion to me about what you have mention before i checked my blogspot...Once again thank you for taking the time to write and educate me.

SomeBaL

Anonymous said...

SomeBal,

Not a problem at all. I'm glad you managed to resolve your problem.

Zack_Tiang said...

that's good to hear...




hehe..

SomeBaL said...

Cis... want to ikut on the conversation also, Zack... he he he