Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Been awhile!

It has been a long while since I have last posted anything up and I think it is about high time I did. Firstly, apologies to my dear readers that has been coming in once in a while to see if anything has been posted...I am truly appreciate your dedication from the bottom of my heart! With out further-a-due, from the last time I last posted and sort of story, comments or images, here are some of the accounts that I have done since then…in a nut shell.

Roughly around mid 2008 I ended my time in Curtin Miri, and continued my studies at Curtin’s mother branch in Perth, Western Australia. The process to transfer to Perth was such a hassle. Firstly my transfer papers were delayed on the account that it was printed with the wrong name, suddenly I became a Chinese man or girl by the name Xing Li Kang. That took another extra 3 weeks or more to change as it was delivered from Perth.

Then after that it was waiting for the C.O.D. or a letter of approval that stated that I have paid my tuition & admin fees. That too took its sweet time being processed and sent to me from Perth, but luckily at Curtin Miri, the International officer (shelvi) helped me push along for it, if not it would have taken much longer. Anyway, by the time I got the C.O.D. semester at Bentley campus was about to start and the orientation for the new international students has already begun and the following week would be the main orientation for all the new students, local and international alike. So now, at that time, the current task list all I have to do is get my student visa approved, buy my flight ticket to Perth. For the visa, like ever one else there is the medical check-up, and the online application to complete. And one would have to do all in order.

To cut the story short, by the time I got my visa and ticket I only had one day to pack for my final semester (6 months) stay in Perth and fly to Australia. It was already the final day of the main orientation and the next flight out was on Thursday, so basically I have missed the International students and new students orientations for semester 2, 2008… What a great way to start the semester…


TO BE CONTINUED....

[Photos will be added at a later date...currently looking for a site to host my images, for free...any suggestions?]

No comments: